Kimberlee at The Dragon Slayer nominated me for the Liebster award last week and sadly it’s taken me this long to respond. The Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere. I’m not exactly new nor are the people I nominated, so I personally interpret this award as being about unsung heroes of the blogosphere.
Once you receive the award you pay it forward to other blogs of your choosing and then pay it forward from there etc. It’s kind of like a chain letter but less annoying since you get exposed to other blogs and other people get exposed to yours. The nominator asks ten questions of the nominees and here’s the questions Kimberlee asked of me:
1) how did you come of with the name of your blog and what does it mean to you?
Originally the name of my blog was “A mom living with fibromyalgia.” I never really liked it but since I lack creativity I didn’t have any better ideas. All I knew was there were not enough blogs out there about parenting with chronic illness.
I created my blog because I was frustrated with all the advice given to me about managing my health because none of it was possible to do with two little kids. So I decided I would write about parenting and being sick and what it is really like. Several months after I set up my blog I found out that I had Lyme disease which caused my fibromyalgia so I decided I needed a more general blog title and switched to “Chronic Mom.”
2) Why did you start blogging?
I started my blog in August of 2011 although I didn’t really get into it until the last year or so.
3) what is your favorite memory from 2013?
We went on a family vacation last August. It was the first vacation we had taken in a while and was a much needed break. My kids were finally old enough to enjoy seeing new things and having new experiences, it was amazing to see the world through their eyes. We had so much fun together as a family and it was so relaxing to get away from responsibilities for a while.
4) what is your favorite review item that you have ever received (if you do reviews,if you don’t what would be your dream review item?)
I’d love to review products that relate to chronic illness as items that can help you cope (heating pads, vitamins, books, any time saving devices etc). I’m not big in cluttering my blog with reviews though because that’s not what it is about. Although, if I found a great product I would recommend it on my blog, it would just have to be awesome.
5) If you could have dinner with anyone alive or dead who would it be and why?
John Adams. He has always fascinated me though I don’t have an explanation as to why. I’ve always admired him.
6) who was your favorite character on friends? Why?
Probably Monica because she is a lot like me. I’ve not quite as crazy about cleanliness as she is but I’m a little too close for comfort. I get her approach on life.
7) describe your “happy place”
A hammock on the beach with no one else there to bother me just listening to the sound of the waves.
8) what are 3 of your goals for 2014
1. Be more authentic
2. Take care of myself better and stop putting my needs last
3. Learn to relax and not take life so seriously
9) tell me 3 random facts about yourself.
1. I am a die hard Texas A&M Aggie. If you come to my house you will see Aggie memorabilia everywhere. Don’t even talk to be about the University of Texas.
2. I am the third of four girls in my family and I have major Middle Child syndrome.
3. I hate the feel of carpet on my skin, it’s like nails on a chalkboard to me. Yep, I’m nuts like that.
10) what is your dream vacation?
It’s a toss up between Greece or New Zealand. I love to travel and I want to see so many places it’s hard to choose.