I have been given this product as part of a product review through the Chronic Illness Bloggers network. Although the product was a gift, all opinions in this review remain my own and I was in no way influenced by the company.
Like much of the rest of my body, my neck hurt and upper back hurt. I tend to carry my tension there and it can be hard to get rid of that tension. I also spend a lot of my day bent over my computer or my phone which over time has begun to make the pain in my neck even worse. So I was excited when I was given a chance to review the Posture Pump® neck pain relief product. I did have to wonder though if such a simple device could make a difference in my neck and upper back pain when nothing else has worked.
Why Posture Pump® ?
Too many of us damage our necks and backs causing what’s called “tech neck” or forward head posture. Our devices cause us to lean forward in a hunched posture which compresses discs and joints causing damage to our cervical spines. Because of tech neck the soft discs that are in between the vertebrae become compressed and rich lubricating fluid is unable to penetrate and hydrate the discs. Posture Pump® counteracts that by lifting, stretching, decompressing, hydrating and shaping the neck and back into its natural curved shape.
Posture Pump® was developed to counteract damaging body positions. It aims to:
- Relieve painful neck and upper back stiffness, headaches, and fatigue.
- Shape and restore proper neck curve
- Decompress and hydrate compressed discs
- Decrease disc bulging
- Reduce and correct forward head, neck, and upper back posture
- Apply reversing pressure to upper back humps
- Improve flexibility and range of motion
How to use the Posture Pump®
The Posture Pump® is simple and easy to use. It comes already assembled, all you have to do is follow the included instructions.
- You warm up your neck by turning your head from side to side 5 times, then tilting your head forward and backward 5 times, then leaning the neck from side to side 5 times.
- You lie on the deflated air cell and secure your head. Then you pump it up according to your comfort level, wait 10 seconds, and the release the air. This is done between 10-15 times.
- Next you inflate the pump and relax on it from 1-5 minutes. The goal is to gradually over time work up to 15 minutes.
My experience with the Posture Pump®
I was able to use the Posture Pump® almost every day for a month. At first it make my neck sore even though I was only pumping it twice or three times at most. I could only last for a minute or two before it really began to hurt. In the beginning I wasn’t sure if this was the device for me, but the longer I used it the more my neck and upper back pain seemed to go down.
The downside to the posture pump is its price, it runs for $199 (affiliate link). People in pain spend a lot of money trying to reduce pain’s impact, and this device is no exception. However, it does have a great return policy if the product doesn’t work for you. The Posture Pump® can be returned after using it for at least 45 days & no more than 60 days. Your purchase price will be refunded, but you are responsible for paying shipping costs.
Learn more about the posture pump®
Find their website at www.posturepump.com
*BONUS- Posture pump is offering a 15% discount off your purchase. Use promo code: E15